Record Twin Primes

  • Paul Underwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hi,

      a special congratulations to the Hungarian collaborators Zoltán Járai,
      Gabor Farkas, Timea Csajbok, Janos Kasza and Antal Járai for the
      record 51779 digit twin primes:

      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=75542
      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=75543

      beating the Previous record at 51090 digits set three years ago by
      Daniel Papps,

      Paul
    • Paul Underwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Underwood"
        <paulunderwood@m...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > a special congratulations to the Hungarian collaborators Zoltán Járai,
        > Gabor Farkas, Timea Csajbok, Janos Kasza and Antal Járai for the
        > record 51779 digit twin primes:
        >
        > http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=75542
        > http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=75543
        >
        > beating the Previous record at 51090 digits set three years ago by
        > Daniel Papps,

        A humble apology to Daniel Papp for mispelling his name.

        The new record also doubles as the largest Chen prime todate. We are
        still searching primes from Chris Caldwell's database of large primes
        for a prime of the form p*q-2. To join in the fun email Jens Anderson,

        Paul