Re: math equation

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2005
      From: "leavemsg1" <leavemsg1@...>
      > It's so quiet in this group... you can hear a math equation drop!

      Better silence than noise.
      (Wait a second, that entirely contradicts my taste in live music!)

      Anyway, let's fix that; I was going to submit this to Carlos Rivera's
      PrimePuzzles site, but shall post it here instead.

      Prove, or disprove:
      Phi(n)^(n+1) == 1 (mod Phi(n+1)) iff n is an odd prime

      If proved, also show that the apparition is either at (n+1) or (n+1)/2
      depending on n modulo 4.

      Here, as always, Phi(n) is the n-th cyclotomic polynomial.

      Heaps of freshly picked kudos will go to the provider of the first
      correct solution.

      http://mail.yahoo.com