Re: Divisibility of 10^(2k+1) + 3

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2005
      From: "Milton Brown" <miltbrown@...>

      > 10^(2k+1) + 3 is divisible by a prime P if and only if
      >
      > (P-10)^(2k+1) mod P is 3

      Thank you for another delivery of approximately zero bits of information.

      P-10 is -10, mod P
      (-10)^(2k+1) = -(10^(2k+1))

      So your grand pronouncement is that:
      10^(2k+1)+3 is divisible by a prime P if
      10^(2k+1) == -3 (mod P)

      Sheesh. I must remember to look at the needs-moderating list more often, so I
      can bin such dross before it fills people's inboxes.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs