Re: New Woodall Record

  • pminovic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11 7:35 AM
      Mark,
      Congratulations on a huge and so rare prime!
      I just noticed on the Top-5000 status page and I was
      very surprised. The old record was almost 5 years old.
      I was also there, testing the numbers on the 1.1M level,
      but not close enough...

      Predrag

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Rodenkirch" <mgrogue@w...>
      wrote:
      > I am pleased to annouce that I found the largest known Woodall prime.
      >
      > 1195203*2^1195203-1 is 359799 digits long

    • Jean PennĂ©
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17 2:18 AM
        Congratulations, Mark!

        I was very pleased to learn about your success while going back.
        I think that your efficient presieving is very important while
        searching for such rare primes!

        Best Regards,
        Jean