New Woodall Record

  • Mark Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2005
      I am pleased to annouce that I found the largest known Woodall prime.

      1195203*2^1195203-1 is 359799 digits long

      It was found using my MultiSieve program for sieving and Jean Penne's
      LLR for the primality test. Once verified it should be #63 in Chris
      Caldwell's list.

      --Mark
    • Gary Chaffey

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2005
          Mark,
          Congratulations on a huge and so rare prime!
          I just noticed on the Top-5000 status page and I was
          very surprised. The old record was almost 5 years old.
          I was also there, testing the numbers on the 1.1M level,
          but not close enough...

          Predrag

          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Rodenkirch" <mgrogue@w...>
          wrote:
          > I am pleased to annouce that I found the largest known Woodall prime.
          >
          > 1195203*2^1195203-1 is 359799 digits long

        • Jean PennĂ©
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17, 2005
            Congratulations, Mark!

            I was very pleased to learn about your success while going back.
            I think that your efficient presieving is very important while
            searching for such rare primes!

            Best Regards,
            Jean