Re: Incidence of cunningham chains and twins

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Chaffey <garychaffey2@y...>
      wrote:
      > Do the CCs occur in roughly equal numbers or is a particular sort of
      CC more common?!?
      > Gary

      Gary: No simple answer to that. I would have to rerun the candidates
      to find out how many CC3, CC4 etc. My program only counts points.

      The statistics for the range of k 1 to 1531174737133 multiplied by
      29#/34 (approx 1/20th of the overall numbers checked):

      25250 values of k have 7 or more triple double points at n=10
      of these:
      2814 had 13 or more points at n=100 and of these:
      81 had 20 or more points at n=500, the best of which were 4 23's and 5
      22's

      49 of those taken to 500 (2814 candidates)had 10 or more CC's of the
      1st kind (including a 13 and 3 12's)
      41 of those taken to 500 had 10 or more CCs of the 2nd kind (including
      7 12's)
      4 of those taken to 500 had 10 or more twins (1 with 11)
      1 candidate fell into two categories

      As I might have expected, twins are slightly more prevalent - if I
      average the scores of the 2814 candidates with 13 or more points, they
      have 5.09 CC1s, 5.09 CC2s and 5.25 twins.

      So it appears that the distribution curves for CC's amd twins are not
      the same, which defies simple analysis.

      Regards

      Robert Smith