Re: Generating (small?) 8-16K digit prime numbers

  • Ian Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2005
      I would recommend looking at the GPG and PGP code for generating random numbers. I
      believe you can pick how large the numbers are in the library call. They use Fermat for
      the first phase which is very fast, and then something else in the second phase. It has
      been a few years since I looked it up, but I was impressed when I ran it and examined the
      code.

      Ian Smith

      http://mail.yahoo.com