Re: [PrimeNumbers] Chains of Generalised Fermats

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
      Mike Oakes wrote:

      > You might like to look at my "Quadratic-map prime chains" NMBRTHRY post
      > of last year:
      > http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0402&L=nmbrthry&F=&S=&P=922

      Then also look at http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_137.htm
      It says Yves Gallot found the smallest chain of 6 before Mike:
      7072833120^1+1
      7072833120^2+1
      7072833120^4+1
      7072833120^8+1
      7072833120^16+1
      7072833120^32+1

      I have long considered going for 7 and maybe 8, but been occupied with other
      projects.

      A tip which has often been useful to me:
      If you are interested in something related to a specific large number then
      search the number at http://www.google.com
      Searching Mike's 7072833120 quickly reveals Gallot was first.

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen
    • mikeoakes2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
        >A tip which has often been useful to me:
        >If you are interested in something related to a specific large number then
        >search the number at http://www.google.com

        Thx for tip, Jens.
        I was unaware of Yves's work, but it seems google is indeed getting quite "intelligent" these days, if it can respond to a single integer like that :-)
        Must remember in future...

        Mike