Vinogradov's Theorem & Warings Prime Number Conjecture

  • Bob Gilson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2005
      Hi There!

      Vinogradov's Theorem / Waring's Prime Number Conjecture.

      Could one of you experts out there explain to me, in easy terms, the subtle differences between the above, i.e. what is Waring trying to conjecture that Vinogradov did not prove?.

      Also, why according to my maths dictionary, Vinogradov's Theorem is only tantamount to proving that every sufficiently large even number is the sum of 3 primes + 3, ( despite Vinogradov's theorem apparently proving that every sufficiently large odd integer is the sum of 3 primes ) ?

      To my simple mind the latter is virtually proving GC, or are those words, "sufficiently large odd integer" where the problem comes in?

      Many thanks in advance for your assistance here.

      Bob