Re: Any errors in this ? Criticism welcome

  • mgrogue@wi.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2005
      > Is there a Goldbach Yahoo group? If not, can we create one and ask
      > anybodywho posts proofs of Goldbach to post them there, as we
      > aren't interested? In
      > fact, can we put that on the Yahoo Group announcement page so that new
      > joiners can see straight away that we don't care?

      Actually there are a number of Goldbach groups. The problem is that provers
      want as many people as they can to see their 'proof' because they would
      prefer
      us to waste our time showing them the flaws in their proof rather than
      looking
      for the flaws themselves. Since this group is moderated, I suggest that the
      moderators ban GC proofs and tell the posters to post in one of the Goldbach
      groups.

      --Mark