Surface Area generator/sieve

  • Bill Krys
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hello,

      1. take any number, factor it to the primes;
      e.g.8=2*2*2.
      2. calculate the surface area; e.g. 6*(2*2)=24
      3. add or subtract 1; e.g. 24-1=23
      4. get a higher prime than the constituent primes of
      the composite factored.
      5. those primes with only 1 factor must use 1 as the
      other factor. But I also conject that you may use as
      many number 1's as desired and will still get a prime.
      6. if 2-dimensional, then use the perimeter, but may
      also use 1 as many times as like to create any
      n-dimensional figure and surface area +,- will be a
      higher prime than the constituent primes of number
      factored.

      I'm probably suffering, per usual, from looking at too
      small numbers. Could someone find counter examples,
      preferably groups of counter examples. Also can
      someone shed light on surface areas of 4th, 5th etc
      dimensional surface area calculations.

      Thanks,

      Bill
      --- Andrey Kulsha <Andrey_601@...> wrote:
      > Hello!
      >
      > Milton Brown wrote:
      >
      > > Because it would take at least 2 months to
      > > certify, presumably.
      >
      > It isn't the reason. If you find enough curious
      > properties of this number, G.L.
      > Honaker perhaps will publish it even if it's only a
      > PRP.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      >
      > Andrey

      =====
      Bill Krys
      Email: billkrys@...
      Toronto, Canada (currently: Beijing, China)

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Bill Krys
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
        hello,

        it appears the constant to subtract from the surface
        area increases as the surface area increases.

        Bill

        =====

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
          hello,

          more primes pop out if one permits a negative sign on
          the factors and then taking the absolute value after
          calculating.

          Bill

        • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
            Andrey Kulsha wrote:
            > G.L. Honaker perhaps will publish it even if it's only a PRP.
            I sincerely trust that G.L. will not!
            I just checked: all of G.L.'s entries with
            more than 1k digits are proven
            (and all with less digits jolly well *ought* to be, too!)
            David
          • Andrey Kulsha
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
              Hello!

              David Broadhurst wrote:

              > I just checked: all of G.L.'s entries with
              > more than 1k digits are proven
              > (and all with less digits jolly well *ought* to be, too!)
              > David

              PC_1292: Some weeks ago was "The first 1292 digits of 1293^1294 form a PRP"
              PC_141...021: "Note that the first 6205 form a titanic probable prime."

              I believe that some very fine PRP may be published at PC pages.

              Best wishes,

              Andrey
            • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
                Andrey Kulsha wrote:

                > PC_1292: Some weeks ago was
                > "The first 1292 digits of 1293^1294 form a PRP"

                > PC_141...021: "Note that the first 6205 form
                > a titanic probable prime."

                Yes, I see what you mean, now, Andrey, thanks.

                We are both right.

                G.L. does not post merely PrPs at their "digital"
                positions, but may refer to them, in passing,
                by smaller entries.

                In fact, I see that the second of these PrPs, in
                http://www.utm.edu/research/primes/curios/141...021.html
                was communicated by me.
                But please note that I was meticulous in
                demoting it to its truly inferior status.