Another structure used and a data correction

  • chrisdarroch
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      I use these types of models for n (any even natural number)

      n = 26

      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
      25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13

      Would, including such "models for n" be acceptable as part of a formal
      proof.

      The data amendment is to the last of my postings.
      I had it pointed out to me (gratefully received) that there could not
      be a column with three 1's because the 1's in the first row were all
      cited at even columns, whereas in the next, the 1's were cited only at
      odd columns and of course never the twain shall meet.

      That's what I get for inventing data, without much thought.

      Please consider that there were a second stream on 1's running through
      the first column and these were oddly coincident as it were.

      You see, I wanted critique on the presentation structures and whether
      they were allowable; other aspects are disguised somewhat, at the
      moment, while I consider my options.

      I have received many conflicting emails on what would be the best
      thing to do (if a proof were held) and if money were an issue, on
      presentation and all.

      Considering the strength of the put-up-or-shut-up camp, I have felt
      pressure and some obligation to show you guys that I mean business and
      am not playing any games, but this feeling is indeed tempered by
      financial concerns I need not repeat.

      I may indeed have to shut up in order to put the various aspects of
      this potential achievement into perspective, given so much, as I say
      conflicting advice, I have received from this forum, as this solution
      has gelled abruptly at the end of 5 years on the problem and frankly I
      am confused as to what I should do for the best.

      Sorry

      Chris
    • Jud McCranie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
        At 07:14 PM 3/8/2005, chrisdarroch wrote:

        >I use these types of models for n (any even natural number)
        >
        >n = 26
        >
        >1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
        >25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13
        >
        >Would, including such "models for n" be acceptable as part of a formal
        >proof.

        I'll take a guess as to where your argument is going: If you take any even
        n and write it this way, there has to be a column with two primes. Is that it?