Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: 17^k+13^k+... is PRP

  • Milton Brown
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 5:08 PM
      Because it would take at least 2 months to
      certify, presumably.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2 1:55 AM
        Hello!

        Milton Brown wrote:

        > Because it would take at least 2 months to
        > certify, presumably.

        It isn't the reason. If you find enough curious properties of this number, G.L.
        Honaker perhaps will publish it even if it's only a PRP.

        Best wishes,

        Andrey
      • Bill Krys
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 7:29 AM
          Hello,

          1. take any number, factor it to the primes;
          e.g.8=2*2*2.
          2. calculate the surface area; e.g. 6*(2*2)=24
          3. add or subtract 1; e.g. 24-1=23
          4. get a higher prime than the constituent primes of
          the composite factored.
          5. those primes with only 1 factor must use 1 as the
          other factor. But I also conject that you may use as
          many number 1's as desired and will still get a prime.
          6. if 2-dimensional, then use the perimeter, but may
          also use 1 as many times as like to create any
          n-dimensional figure and surface area +,- will be a
          higher prime than the constituent primes of number
          factored.

          I'm probably suffering, per usual, from looking at too
          small numbers. Could someone find counter examples,
          preferably groups of counter examples. Also can
          someone shed light on surface areas of 4th, 5th etc
          dimensional surface area calculations.

          Thanks,

          Bill
          --- Andrey Kulsha <Andrey_601@...> wrote:
          > Hello!
          >
          > Milton Brown wrote:
          >
          > > Because it would take at least 2 months to
          > > certify, presumably.
          >
          > It isn't the reason. If you find enough curious
          > properties of this number, G.L.
          > Honaker perhaps will publish it even if it's only a
          > PRP.
          >
          > Best wishes,
          >
          > Andrey

          =====
          Bill Krys
          Email: billkrys@...
          Toronto, Canada (currently: Beijing, China)

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Bill Krys
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 9:46 AM
            hello,

            it appears the constant to subtract from the surface
            area increases as the surface area increases.

            Bill

            =====

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2 10:33 AM
              hello,

              more primes pop out if one permits a negative sign on
              the factors and then taking the absolute value after
              calculating.

              Bill

            • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2 1:00 PM
                Andrey Kulsha wrote:
                > G.L. Honaker perhaps will publish it even if it's only a PRP.
                I sincerely trust that G.L. will not!
                I just checked: all of G.L.'s entries with
                more than 1k digits are proven
                (and all with less digits jolly well *ought* to be, too!)
                David
              • Andrey Kulsha
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2 2:04 PM
                  Hello!

                  David Broadhurst wrote:

                  > I just checked: all of G.L.'s entries with
                  > more than 1k digits are proven
                  > (and all with less digits jolly well *ought* to be, too!)
                  > David

                  PC_1292: Some weeks ago was "The first 1292 digits of 1293^1294 form a PRP"
                  PC_141...021: "Note that the first 6205 form a titanic probable prime."

                  I believe that some very fine PRP may be published at PC pages.

                  Best wishes,

                  Andrey
                • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2 3:28 PM
                    Andrey Kulsha wrote:

                    > PC_1292: Some weeks ago was
                    > "The first 1292 digits of 1293^1294 form a PRP"

                    > PC_141...021: "Note that the first 6205 form
                    > a titanic probable prime."

                    Yes, I see what you mean, now, Andrey, thanks.

                    We are both right.

                    G.L. does not post merely PrPs at their "digital"
                    positions, but may refer to them, in passing,
                    by smaller entries.

                    In fact, I see that the second of these PrPs, in
                    http://www.utm.edu/research/primes/curios/141...021.html
                    was communicated by me.
                    But please note that I was meticulous in
                    demoting it to its truly inferior status.