Re: [PrimeNumbers] Polynomial remainder?

  • Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      On Tuesday 01 February 2005 10:54, you wrote:
      > I'm puzzled.
      >
      > Symbolic polynomial division (with remainder) can easily be shown to
      > be the same level of difficulty as factoring,

      As factoring polynomials or integers? As far as I know, factoring polynomials
      is polynomial-time. At least factoring in Z/pZ.

      By the way, this underscores the main problem: what is the underlying field
      that you're doing factoring on? The relative complexity for each operation
      may be different depending on the field.

      Décio