new Carol prime

  • harvey563@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      I'm announcing the discovery of the 38th Carol prime, (2^227493-1)^2-
      2 by me this 11th of January.

      Steven Harvey
    • Cletus Emmanuel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        Steven,
        Congrats! On you new Carol Prime. Now you are on top
        of the Carol/Kynea top 10 list again... It is good to
        see all the interest in these numbers and what we've
        accomplished in the past year. For the past year
        (month-to-date) we've tested about 300K Carol/Kynea
        candidates and have found a few primes. I do hope
        that by the end of this year, we can reach k-values
        of 1M for both carol and Kynea. Also, I would like to
        thank you for great job you've been doing hosting the
        Carol/Kynea site.

        ---Cletus

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250