Some news

  • paulmillscv
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2004
      Dear Primers,
      Hello. STOP PRESS. My former supervisor Professor Andy
      Hopper has just been appointed Head of Department at Cambridge
      University Computing Laboratory.
      And the former Head of Department, Professor Ian Leslie is now the
      Pro-Vice Chancellor. While we are still celebrating this event the
      publication of the F.I.D.N Christmas quiz 2004 will be delayed until
      Thursday 16th December. Also, there has been a significant
      development with Logical Resonance which means it must make that
      subtle transfer from the public to the academic domain. The way of
      the world! However for question 10 this year, and as it is soon
      Christmas, I will publish an essay entitled `How to Play Chess'. :-))
      I also give a web link to my new F.I.D.E grade of 1927. Seriously
      though, I do hope this will improve your play as it has mine. As
      usual the other 9 questions are packed with new mathematical methods
      and curios. Until Thursday
      Regards,

      Paul Mills
      Kenilworth,