The Number 3, Base9#Reduction, Pi & Perfects via Primes & Apollonius

  • Eric Sean Webber
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2004
      The Number 3, Base9#Reduction, Pi & Perfects via Primes & Apollonius

      Regarding the number 3, I think I saw somewhere that the number 3 is the most common number in some context of course, or something like this. Cant remember where, do you know about this ?

      Also, is there a short explaination, basically a proof if you will, that explains WHY and HOW base 9 number reduction "works" ? [I know how to perform one, but want to gain some insight into why it is useful, I do see the patterns which are amazing, but want to know the essence of WHY it produces them, and whether it works with other number systems, like Mayan for example] And to not confuse matters, I know we are using base 10 as our system of numbers, and that base 9 number reduction is a bit of a misnomer since we are using it on base 10 numbers, but does this also "work" on other bases like octal or binary for example ?

      And lastly do you know of any already written algorithms for say Excel to perform base9 number reduction ?

      I already have some pseudo code, but dont want to try and do it in Excle if code for that already exists.

      My psuedo Code:

      If number to be reduced [NTBR] is greater than 1x10^6 then divideby 1x10^6, then divide the remainder by 1X10^5, then when you finally get to the ones add that remainder to your number, and if that number is greater than 10 do it again until you get to a number less than 10. I would think using recusion would be helpful. Again hoping the code already exists so I can just copy it instead of coding it.

      Also I have a formula for Pi which involves nothing but ALL the primes numbers in the numerators of a series. Would you like to see it ?

      Also have you seen the forumla for finding perfect numbers using primes and binaries ? I have that one too.

      Lastly what do you think of Apollonius ?

      best regards,

      Eric