Search for a 100,000 digit near rep-digit prime.

  • Michael Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2001
      Hi,

      A couple of months ago Paul Underwood suggested searching for a 100,000 near
      rep-digit prime (that is a prime of form 10^n-10^k-1) on the Primeform list.

      I ran sieving for a week or so before uploading some ranges to PRP test.
      I've since sieved further (to about 5*10^9) in order to reduce the number of
      PRP tests necessary.

      If you would like to participate in this search then please read the readme
      at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primeform/files/100000%20NRD/00readme.txt
      and sign out a range for PRP testing! Each range takes PFGW between 2 weeks
      and a month or so depending on your CPU.

      To participate you will need to become a member of the Primeform group as
      the search is being coordinated using a database in the Primeform group.
      Don't worry, this doesn't mean you have to receive the mail from the
      primeform group if you don't want it, simply select Web access only when you
      sign up.

      Good hunting all!

      Michael.