Question on ECM program...

  • David Cleaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I visited the ECMNET page located at:
      http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/records/ecmnet.html
      and saw that the latest version of ecm available is ecm5.0. However, in
      the files area I also saw an ecm5.1. I know that it said it should be
      considered beta software, but which one should I use? Also, I saw on the
      ECMNET page a link to another ecm program located here:
      http://www.geocities.com/greatpsycho/
      I'm running a P4, and that last site lists that it has binaries compiled
      for P4 (SSE2) processors.

      Does anyone know which program will be the best one to get? I'm just going
      to be factoring general numbers, not numbers of any specific form. I hope
      someone on this list knows which program is best to use as I'm unsure at
      this point which one to download. Thanks for your time.

      -David C.