Proved unprovable - GC or RH?

  • gulland68
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
      Someone told me that one of either Goldbach or Riemann had been
      proven unprovable by current knowledge of mathematics. Can someone
      inform me as to which it was?
      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Jud McCranie
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        At 07:06 PM 12/2/2004, gulland68 wrote:

        >Someone told me that one of either Goldbach or Riemann had been
        >proven unprovable by current knowledge of mathematics. Can someone
        >inform me as to which it was?

        As far as I know, neither of them has been proven undecidable. But either
        one of them could conceivably be undecidable.