Prime generators

  • LALGUDI BALASUNDARAM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2004
      Hi Peter,
      Thank you for your posting about prime generators.
      In my 10/17 and 11/7 postings, I have shown 6*n -1/+1
      prime distributions provide answers for some of the
      intriguing but fundamental prime questions summarized
      from 10/17 posting.

      1. Prime distribution in natural numbers e.g. as to
      why there are only 2 primes between 10,000,000
      and 10,000,100 whereas there are 25 between 0
      and 100.
      2. Presence and absence of twin primes.
      3. Why Pi(N) of any N is a particular value i.e for
      instance why Pi100)is 25 or Pi(1000)is 168 and
      not say 42 or 173.
      4. computation of prime pairs for an even
      number meeting Goldbach's Conjecture requirements.
      5. Presence of arithmetic progressions in primes,
      a topic of recent interest.
      (See Science, Vol.34, 21 May 2004, p.1085)
      6. Basis for factoring large compound primes.

      I hope serious attention is paid to understand basic
      prime questions as above instead of being relegated
      to back burner as now.

      L.J.Balasundaram

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com