Re: Another New Record Carol Prime!!!

  • Paul Underwood
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Cletus Emmanuel <cemmanu@y...>
      wrote:
      > Here is yet another new Carol Prime....... (2^185580-1)^2-2. This
      number has a 111731 digits.

      Congratulations Cletus.

      For all odd n<52,814,000,003, no composite 2-PrP n^2-2 was found.
      There were 2,066,269,425 PrPs. These numbers have less than 22
      digits ;-)

      Progress is slow -- I am running the tests on a 120MHz computer. I
      hope to put this work on a much faster machine sometime next year and
      reach n=1 trillion.

      Paul
    • qwewqedasfdsdaf
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
        wrote:
        > Here is yet another new Carol Prime....... (2^185580-1)^2-2. This
        number has a 111731 digits.

        > ---Cletus Emmanuel

        Congrats to this find of this big Carol number, hope more are to
        follow as soon as possible.
      • Cletus Emmanuel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
          Guys,
          Which one of you are presently searching for Carol/Kynea Primes and what is the status of your search? Are there anyone else interested in searching for Carol/Kynea Primes? Please email me with questtion/comments. Presently, the search is going well. Carol Numbers are completed up to 187K and Kynea Numbers are completed up to 233K. My next big goal is to search for C(k) and K(k) < 1,000,000. We can quickly cover these ranges if we had more dedicated computers. If anyone is interested in searching, please visit Steven Harvey's page at http://www.geocities.com/harvey563/Carol_Kynea.txt and reserve a range.

          ---Cletus

          wrote:
          > Here is yet another new Carol Prime....... (2^185580-1)^2-2. This
          number has a 111731 digits.

          > ---Cletus Emmanuel

          Congrats to this find of this big Carol number, hope more are to
          follow as soon as possible.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada