RE: [PrimeNumbers] Re: High numbers!

  • Mazzarello Gianni
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2004
      Surely today you'll find almost everything that is done better than what
      you can do.
      Among the few things one can do better by oneself remain to eat, to
      sleep and enjoy in any way.
      I was only speaking in a theoretical way, just to give an idea of the
      resolution of the problem of high numbers representation and
      computation. I didn't mean to give operating instructions.

      By the way, in a 256base numeric system every e-mail, by example, can be
      thought as a number (I remind Borges Babele's library). The present one,
      1768 Bytes long, is a number of the order of 256^1768, that is
      5.8*10^4257; cause "S" (ASCII 83 [Hex53]) is the first letter it is near
      4.87*10^4259 (without counting what Yahoo will add).

      What numbers will represent the answers to this e-mail?
      And writing such numbers you'll need time.
      If a number doesn't exist without its representation, or without the
      idea of number, that is a more general representation, it seems that
      when we treat with numbers so high we cannot neglect the idea of time.
      Are you sure that this is only philosophy?

      Gianni