PostTonality l;ist

  • Bob Helsloot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2001
      For those who are interested, I started a new group called Post Tonality. It's not about Modern Music only, but it concernes the use of numbers and systems throughout history and the relation to sound. It can be the number of motives in Baroque, the setup of a symphony, the development of rhythm-patterns, to the complete organisation of music in Serialism in the last century that will be subject of discussion. Why are composers inspired by numbers? Why do we look for organisation? Where is the limit for theory and inspiration? Besides discussing these items I hope to exchange our own thoughts and work on theoretical systems and inspire eachother to further development.
      I hope you will join me!

      Bob
      bhelsloot@...
      BOB'S MUSIC