After the bad news, a better one for LLRP4 users.

  • Jean PennĂ©
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2004
      While correcting the pure LLR bug in LLRP4, I saw that the program can
      detect the numbers that gave incorrect results with the present
      version, at init, that is to say before doing the test (no matter the
      number is prime or composite), so I will make an option in the ini
      file to allow users to test again only these numbers, and skip the
      test for the numbers which were already tested correctly (and which, I
      hope, are much more numerous). Unfortunatly, this feature can only
      work for k's up to 22 bits, so the big k tests must all be redone...

      Also I have successfully tested the candidates in reisel3.txt up to
      the 3929th for now.

      About the little k's (k<300) I can say that I tested successfully the
      version you are using on all the candidates in Wilfrid Keller "riesel"
      database.

      Regards,
      Jean