Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Base=3 GF divisor

  • Paul Leyland
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
      On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 21:27, Chris Caldwell wrote:

      > >http://www.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/RRZ/W.Keller/GFNfacs.html
      >
      > I was about to point him out to you... I am glad you found him.
      > He is the key lister of these and he recommended that I list the
      > bases I do. Wilfrid is a marvel and is amazingly careful and precise.

      Seconded.

      I happened upon Cullen and Woodall numbers without knowing of Wilfrid
      Keller's prior involvement. About ten years ago Joe McLean and I
      factored them and their generalizations to other small bases. When
      Wilfrid and I finally made contact he was invariably helpful and
      invariably correct when any discrepancy arose between his information on
      the Cullen and Woodalls and mine. His interest encouraged me to
      continue hosting and extending the CW and GCW tables now at
      http://www.leyland.vispa.com/numth/factorization/cullen_woodall/cw.htm
      and anyone who wishes to help out is most welcome to do so.

      Paul