RSA-150 on Wikipedia

  • isbat1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
      Is Wikipedia flat wrong, or is it still thought that RSA-150 has
      never been factored?
    • Paul Leyland
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
        On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 14:30, isbat1 wrote:
        > Is Wikipedia flat wrong, or is it still thought that RSA-150 has
        > never been factored?

        I haven't heard of it being factored, but that's an admission of
        ignorance and not an authoritative statement that it hasn't been done.

        RSA-150 lost virtually all of its interest when it was neither a
        candidate for a record breaking factorization, nor a source of
        relatively easily earned money.

        Paul
      • dleclair55
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leyland <pcl@w...> wrote:
          > On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 14:30, isbat1 wrote:
          > > Is Wikipedia flat wrong, or is it still thought that RSA-150 has
          > > never been factored?
          >
          > I haven't heard of it being factored, but that's an admission of
          > ignorance and not an authoritative statement that it hasn't been
          done.

          > RSA-150 lost virtually all of its interest when it was neither a
          > candidate for a record breaking factorization, nor a source of
          > relatively easily earned money.

          I recently ran across a paper that shows it has been factored although
          I don't remember seeing any annoucement of it either.

          This paper shows the factorizations of RSA-100 to RSA-150 by GNFS
          along with details of the parameters used in each:

          http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/095.pdf

          Quite interesting!

          -Don
        • Paul Leyland
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8, 2004
            On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 00:26, dleclair55 wrote:

            > I recently ran across a paper that shows it has been factored although
            > I don't remember seeing any annoucement of it either.
            >
            > This paper shows the factorizations of RSA-100 to RSA-150 by GNFS
            > along with details of the parameters used in each:
            >
            > http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/095.pdf

            Thanks, indeed it's interesting. It is also very recent (dated 16 April
            this year) whereas my earlier memory was last updated in December 2003.

            Paul