Re: [PrimeNumbers] prime numbers with 12 digits or more?

  • Jud McCranie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
      At 01:12 AM 7/28/2004, Ranger101@... wrote:
      >Dear Prime Number Theorists and Associates,
      >
      > Where can I find a list of twelve digits (and up) prime numbers on the
      >internet?

      I don't know of any such list since it would be so large. There are over
      37,000,000,000 primes with 12 or fewer digits. A reasonably efficient way
      to store that would be to store the semi-gaps as a byte, which would mean a
      37GB file. If you need to do something with all of the primes up to that
      size, it is usually better to generate the primes as you need them, rather
      than store such a large file.