Need help-what is Chebyshev's theorem about the distribution of primes?

  • billoscarson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      It has been suggested to me that Chebyshev (I am not sure which one-
      apparently there are many)has a theory that says something like
      there is always one prime between n^2 and (n^2+2n). I cannot find
      it, or I don't recognize it when I do find it. Can anyone tell me if
      the theorem is as I stated, and where I can find it documented?
      Thanks for any help.
      Bill