Cicada cycles

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22 5:43 AM
      Interesting topic generally,
      Natural seleciton, is controlled by the random yet organized process
      of DNA(creation) and the process of Death(lifesyle), or sieving as I
      like to refer to it. Only the prime candidates survive, and
      composites become residue.

      Oh and let's not forget those little atoms either!
      (there is no spoon, only a random probability)
      ;')

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Jobling"
      <Paul.Jobling@W...> wrote:
      > Predators are not the main driver though, in my opinion - it is
      *other* cicada swarms who would be
      > competing for the same resources. Through natural selection,
      nature has driven the cicadas to emerge
      > at intervals of large primes.
      >
      > One wonders how long ago it was that the swarms with period five
      and seven became extinct; also is