How do I compare?

  • William Bouris
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Group.

      When I use about an hour of computer time to prove that 999999999999989 is prime and then see it done in milliseconds using a more modern computer and the ECPP method, how do I compare them?

      My old rickety Model T Ford square-root method involved well over 31.5 million calcula-tions, and the flashy Corvette ECPP method completed the job in just over 1200 modular calculations. I understand the modulo function but not how to fully implement it to arrive at the answer. Can anyone communicate an abridged explanation?

      Bill Bouris, Aurora, IL USA