Re: On the prime k-tuple conjecture

  • fengsui liu
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 24, 2004
      I am afraid I can not answer your question well.

      Yes, the number of prime quadruples is infinite.Example <5,7,11,17>.

      Every prime k-tuple have its gap between conscutive prime k-tuple.
      This gap is computable.
      But julienbenny, I use the discrete approach, I do not evaluate the gap between conscutive prime k-tuple. I think It is a job of analytic number theory.

      Liu Fengsui

      julienbenney <jpbenney@...> wrote:
      I am afraid I do not have the mathematical skill (because of my
      aversiveness to work, I failed second-year mathematics completely),
      but, Liu, this is most interesting dveloment of an early method of
      working to prove the prime k-tuple conjecture.

      However, what does this say about how large the gap between conscutive
      prime k-tuples should be. Even if the nmber of prime quadruples in
      infinite, is is easy to see how quickly they become very rare even when
      one gets to 10,000.

    • fengsui liu