Re: [PrimeNumbers] help

  • Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho
    • huang zexu
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9 6:54 AM
        Hi all,
        I am new to this group, but have a linear algebra
        question.
        If we did not need to figure out the solutions, how
        could we judge if the systems of the equations have
        solutions or no solution?
        xy-z=23
        xz-y=29
        yz-x=37
        xy=31
        and
        xy-z=23
        xz-y=29
        yz-x=37
        xy=30

        Have where Websites in linear algebra group like this
        group?

        150万曲MP3疯狂搜,带您闯入音乐殿堂
        http://music.yisou.com/
        美女明星应有尽有,搜遍美图、艳图和酷图
        http://image.yisou.com
        1G就是1000兆,雅虎电邮自助扩容!
        http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/1g/*http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/event/mail_1g/
      • Jay Berg
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 10 3:28 PM
          And after you do his homework, you can come over and wash my car...

          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, huang zexu <huangbc2000@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hi all,
          > I am new to this group, but have a linear algebra
          > question.
          > If we did not need to figure out the solutions, how
          > could we judge if the systems of the equations have
          > solutions or no solution?
          > xy-z=23
          > xz-y=29
          > yz-x=37
          > xy=31
          > and
          > xy-z=23
          > xz-y=29
          > yz-x=37
          > xy=30
          >
          > Have where Websites in linear algebra group like this
          > group?
        • John W. Nicholson
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2010
            I don't have the software to do the following. I hope someone can do this.
            I am looking for a tabular list of some numbers in four columns ( If you want to
            calulate the max of R_n / p_3n that would be great too.)

            n, R_n, p_3n, R_n / p_3n

            n from 1 to 170000 or 1.7E5

            R_n is Ramanujan primes formula at A104272 ( http://oeis.org/A104272 ) for each

            p_3n is primes but pi(3n) for each n

            R_n / p_3n for each n

            Thanks ahead.

            John Nicholson
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 15, 2010
              "John W. Nicholson" <reddwarf2956@...> wrote:

              > n, R_n, p_3n, R_n / p_3n
              > n from 1 to 170000

              I imagine that would take a while, even using Mma's
              "FasterRamanujanPrimeList" (which I cannnot test).

              Tony Noe gives R_n up to n=1000 in
              http://oeis.org/A104272/b104272.txt

              I suggest you email him (see OEIS for his address)
              to ask how long it might take to get up to n=170,000.

              I remark that the investigation in
              http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.5232.pdf
              appeared to stop at n=1000.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2010
                --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
                "John W. Nicholson" <reddwarf2956@...> wrote:

                > If you want to calculate the max of R_n / p_3n that would be great

                It is highly probable, yet unproven, that the maximum value is
                R_5/p_15 = 41/47