Re: prime arithmetic progressions

  • julienbenney
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2004
      The paper is very simple compared with the (few) other papaers I have
      read in mathematical publications (of which my understanding is
      limited).

      I am no expert on arithmetic progressions of primes, but would the
      following constitute such a progression:

      632713, 632717, 632743, 632747, 632773, 632777 ie. alternating gps of 3
      and 25 composite numbers. These are the only primes of the 6328th
      "hundred".

      Does anybody know about similar progressions of primes of this type
      over a longer range of numbers? [One could call these "multiple
      arithmetic progressions" because there exist pairs or groups of gaps
      repeating].