Poisson on crack!

  • Ralph Twain
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      Is anyone alive in here? Just in case, I'll provide
      an update on that larger range I mentioned.

      A range of 1.8 billion sieved down to 5.5 million
      candidates (taking 2 days). 68,500 passed stage 1 (1
      in 80), and stage 2 left 437 (1 in 165).
      I exptected a ratio of 1 in 240-245 from stage 3, but
      it produced 6 PRPs that proved to be prime -- a ratio
      of 1 in 72!

      Digit counts for the terms are 1589, 3178, and 4767,
      for 9534-digit Carmichaels.
      The winning numbers are:
      6038310301574*1996995^250+1
      22853927331996*1996995^250+1