Proth running as a Win XP service

  • pwcrickman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I have been running the Proth program for a number of years and
      would now like to be able to run it as a service on my Win XP home
      machine so that I don't have to stay logged on all the time. I
      noticed a Win95 Service menu option, but whenever I click on it
      nothing seems to happen. I clicked on the Hide option and did
      notice that the proth app was still running in Task Manager, but no
      entry shows up in the Services applet. Is Proth capable of running
      in this mode?

      TIA,
      Peter
    • Yves Gallot
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
        Hi Peter,

        Proth doesn't contain a specific code to run as a Windows NT/2000/XP
        service (Win95 service is not similar).

        However, you can use a free tool to do it : RunExeSvc.
        http://www.judoscript.com/goodies/RunExeSvc/index.html
        It's a free utility that runs any executable as a service.

        Yves