Re: [PrimeNumbers] New nth prime formula

  • Sebastian Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hello:

      This is the formula it will be published in the
      Smarandache Notions Journal 15.
      I write it in MATHEMATICA code:

      L[1]=1;
      L[n_]:=L[n]=LCM[L[n-1],n]
      LG[n_]:=L[n]/L[n-1]
      FL[n_]:=Quotient[LG[n],n]
      Pii[n_ ]:=Sum[FL[i],{i,2,n}]
      PrimeLCM[n_]:=
      Floor[n*Log[n]]+Sum[1-Quotient[Pii[k],n],

      {k,Floor[n*Log[n]],Floor[n*Log[n]+n*(Log[Log[n]]-1/2)+3]}]
      Do[Print[n," ",Timing[PrimeLCM[n]]],{n,2,20,1}]

      more fast than the previous:
      www.primepuzzles.net problem 38

      The time of the previous formula is O(nlogn)^(3/2)
      Which is the time of this new formula?

      Sincerely
      --- William Bouris <melangebillyb@...>
      escribió: > The primenumbers group doesn't accept any
      attached
      > files.
      >
      > Sebastian Martin <sebi_sebi@...> wrote:Hello
      > all:
      >
      > I send you a new formula for the nth prime number
      > more fast than the previous:
      > www.primepuzzles.net problem 38
      >
      > Te time of the previous formula is O(nlogn)^(3/2)
      > Which is the time of this formula?
      >
      > Sincerely
      >
      > Sebastián Martín Ruiz
      > www.telefonica.net/c/smruiz

      > removed]
      >

      > Unsubscribe by an email to:

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway -
      > Enter today

      Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
      http://messenger.yahoo.es