Help for C novice!

  • mad37wriggle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2004
      Anyone out there help me with this?

      Just bought a Mac OS 10.3 - my first "real" computer, but have no idea how to install
      all these wonderful prime/factoring programs. I managed (not quite sure how) to
      install GMP 4.2.1 and then Pari-GP, both of which I'm very happy with, but I'd like to
      be able to use GMP-ECM 5.0.3 which I downloaded from

      http://home.in.tum.de/~kruppa/ecm-5.0.3.tar.gz

      The Install instructions probably make sense to people who understand compiling,
      etc. but my computer skills are a strange mix of BBC assembly language, and PC drag
      'n' click. I'm all at sea here - can someone help? (preferably in words of few syllables
      and no acronyms!)

      Thanks

      Richard