Relatively Prime

  • Ben Newsam
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2004
      Just to settle an argument that is developing in a newsgroup somewhere,
      could anyone tell me if there is possibly any difference between the
      terms "co-prime" and "relatively prime", and if there is, what is it?
      --
      Ben
    • Carl Devore
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2004
        On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Ben Newsam wrote:
        > Just to settle an argument that is developing in a newsgroup somewhere,
        > could anyone tell me if there is possibly any difference between the
        > terms "co-prime" and "relatively prime", and if there is, what is it?

        I've never heard of a difference. There is also "a is prime to b" and "a
        and b are prime to each other", which mean the same thing.
      • Jud McCranie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2004

          Same thing. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RelativelyPrime.html