Prime forms

  • Fred Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2004
      Apparently many interesting prime forms have been overlooked, perhaps because there are infinitely many such forms. The past few days I've been looking at primes of the form ((p-1)p^j + or - 1) where p is a prime. These are a generalization of 2*3^j + or - 1. From the first generalization, the form (p^j + or - (p-1)) arose. I've posted a few results on my web page: http://www.geocities.com/fredlb37/id24.htm