Re: Checking for PRP!

  • Ken Davis
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2003
      Hi All,
      Sorry about the blank reply preceeding this one.
      In answer to Cletus's question
      The short answer is yes (though it depends on whether days means 1 or
      2 or 20).
      Mark Rodenkirch (of multisieve fame) has uploaded a xls of pfgw
      benchmarks to our sister "primeform" group.
      It can be found at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primeform/files/PFGW%20Benchmarks/
      This shows that it would take a p4 2.26 Ghz machine 48 hours to test
      a number of the size 2^4194304 (1262612 digits).
      So 2 days sounds about right.
      Cheers
      Ken
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Cletus Emmanuel <cemmanu@y...>
      wrote:
      > Guys,
      > I am checking a 1M+ digit number (N), where (N+1) is about 50%
      factored. Should PFGW take days to check for 2-PRP of this number?
      I have a PIV 2.4G....