successive prime quadruples

  • julienbenney
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2003
      I was e-mailed with several cases of "successive prime quadruples".

      The reason for the use of this term is that because a prime quadruple
      is a group of four primes of the form p + i, where i = 0, 2, 6, 8, it
      can only occur one every thirty numbers because in between there are
      always four numbers (p + 11, p + 17, p + 23 and p + 29) that are
      divisible by 3 and hence can never be prime.