history of prime quadruples

  • julienbenney
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2003
      I am Julien Peter Benney, and I have been interested in prime numbers
      for many years though I have never studied them beyond school.

      What has interested me is the question of how rapidly the largest known
      prime quadruples has grown over the years. I have always been curious
      about prime quadruples (e.g. 55331, 55333, 55337, 55339) because of
      their rarity.

      Does anybody know who first studied prime quadruples, and how rapidly
      have the largest known ones grown since the days of Lehmer's "Book Of
      Prime Numbers" in 1914??

      Also, the sum of the reciprocals of the twin primes is something like
      1.90...... What do the reciprocals of the prime quadruples sum to??