Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Finitude of primes

  • Gary Chaffey
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2003
      In an earlier mail I stated:-
      Fermat Primes are only finite in number.
      I think I should of worded this 'more carefully'. I
      know that this is only a conjecture but it is another
      one of those conjectures which although hasn't been
      proven most evidence points this way.

    • Gary Chaffey
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2003
        Fermat Primes are only finite in number.
        P.S.
        I do have a proof for this but it will not fit in the
        margin!!!

      • Paul Jobling
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2003
          On this subject, is there any set of primes that has been shown to have a
          finite - but unknown - number of elements? I can't think of any, though there
          are many which are heuristically thought to be finite (such as the Fermat
          primes).

          - Paul.