Re: From programs to projects (was: fastest software)

  • Good Question
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2003
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Good Question" <Chris Caldwell>
      wrote:
      > New question: How can I find primes the fastest?

      Look at the pages

      http://primes.utm.edu/bios/top20.php

      to get a clue what has been used. I created these page
      to help people see what others are doing. Don't take
      the ranking's too seriously. They compare apples and
      oranges; they do not separate what hot now from what
      was hot then...

      (1) Do you own a project that is not on there?

      Then talk to me (oFF LiST PLeASE: caldwell@...).

      Basically you need to create a prover-entry page
      for it (like the ones in my last message) and I will
      change the internal flags that declares it a project, not
      a person. This page should eb linked to the home of
      your project. Then you will need to get your provers to
      tell me to add your project (my pages presume the provers
      know what they did and how). If done after the fact, I must
      add them. If your project page (mentioned aboved) exists,
      the provers can add it as they create a prover code.

      You could also list your project at

      http://primes.utm.edu/links/theory/special_forms/

      (2) Can you give better advice?

      I struggled with the pages on "How do I find a record
      prime?"

      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/background/finding.php

      I'd enjoy hearing (preferably off list: caldwell@...)
      how I might make the page more useful to new prime finders.