Re: [PrimeNumbers] amateur question

  • Vincent Preemen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2003
      Dear mr. Trumbull,

      Thank you for your replay on my question. If you are still interested the presentation is saved as bitmaps on the web.

      As you know I don't have a great math history. Ok I have a bachelor degree in physics. You are working a lot with math. Mostly you make use of existing math, the history why it's done in a curtain way is only briefly discussed. But I'm just a simple person who likes to know the why's there is less interested in the how's.

      In the linked files you will see that reserved numbers (with dividers) are represented as "resonance" points of a sinus. The wave with a frequency of 2 (2, 4, 6, 8 ect) determines the dividers of even numbers. The wave of tree determines the dividers of all the triplet numbers.

      If I could I would like to reduce the numbers of waves. The wave with a frequency of 2 (2, 4, 6, ect) already includes the wave with a frequency of 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, ect). This way you can reduce the number of waves. Maybe a more clear correlation can be seen this way. But my math knowledge is to little I'm afraid. I think I will experiment in a program and see what's comes out.

      When you take a look at the images you will see a graph with resonance points (that just the way how I call them). The resonance points exist for every number. If we have prime numbers there only is one resonance point. All other number like second or third numbers have two or tree resonance points. In my opinion these numbers are just as unique as prime numbers. Is a number with 100 dividers not more unique then only one dividers? Maybe you have any links ore files what discuss these other numbers (second, third ect.)?

      Your representation of markers interests me. I would be delighted to see your graph of the hexagon. If possible could you sent this graph and some explanations in email? This would be more simple the with the post. I am living in Europe the Netherlands.

      Best regards and thank you for your reply,

      Vincent Preemen.