MultiSieve 3.0 Uploaded

  • Mark Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      The major news in this release is the addition of a primorial sieve.
      The program can now sieve p# +/- 1 for a range of primes. Unlike
      other sieves, this sieve will not sieve out as many candidates as the
      other sieves as no primes smaller than p can divied p# +/- 1. That
      means that the rate of sieving will be slower and that you probably
      won't need to sieve to as great a depth as the other sieves. If
      anyone is coordinating a primorial search, please let me know and I'll
      update the readme.txt file.

      I also fixed a minor bug where pressing the enter key did
      automatically accept the previous value during the initialization
      phase. Sorry for the inconvenience.

      As always, if you discover any bugs, please feel free to contact me by
      responding to this post with a PM or to my e-mail in the readme.txt file.

      Enjoy,
      Mark