Skip to search.

k*n^n +/- 1 primes and MultiSieve

  • Mark Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2003
      MultiSieve 2.9.1 is now available. I had added a sieve for these
      primes in v2.9, but Harsh told me it was slow. I found a simple
      optimization that has improved the speed by a factor of 8! (Where is
      an emoticon when you need one?) If sieving with multiple values of k,
      the improvement isn't quite so dramatic. Simply put, I don't evaluate
      n ^n mod p unless I know that there is a value of k such that k*n^n +/-1
      has not been sieved out.

      Enjoy,
      Mark