Generalized Cullen/Woodall twin primes

  • dibo12fr
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      A few months ago, I started to search for twin primes that would be
      both generalized Cullen and generalized Woodall numbers. This means
      n*a^n+1 and n*a^n-1.
      The search was conducted with n from 1 to 10000, and a from 2 to 50.
      After a first sieving with Multisieve, only the sets(GC(a,n),GW(a,n))
      without small factors have been PRP'ed with PFGW.
      Of course some existing primes have been found again, but there are
      also new results.
      Twin GC/GW : 84*45^84 +/-1
      GW :
      115*48^115-1 123*20^123-1
      132*35^132-1 390*41^390-1
      525*48^525-1 795*22^795-1
      850*42^850-1 1137*4^1137-1
      1568*9^1568-1 4100*36^4100-1
      7342*42^7342-1

      I hope this will help filling in existing tables on the subject.
      BR
    • Steven Harvey
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        None of these are new, but it is nice to have
        confirmation of these numbers. I have noted that
        84*45^84+/-1 is twin in the list maintained at
        http://www.geocities.com/harvey563/GeneralizedWoodallPrimes.txt
        Steven Harvey

        =====
        harvey563@...