RE Prime

  • Jose Ramón Brox
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      I have a thumb rule that has never failed to date. It is to simple but is good to avoid many mistaken basic research.

      "No formula or algorithm expressed with a finite set of primes/multiples/divisors/congruences and arithmetic operations can be sufficient for generate only primes or all the primes, you always will find particular cases that are counterexamples. The number of them will tend to increase if you increase the size of the number computed by the formula".

      An example: the amusing "twothree" numbers discused these days.

      Jose